Hey Marcelo,

I've been playing with BitmapData for the first time this past weekend so I
stand to be corrected on what I'm about to say!

My understanding is that you can only load BitmapData from an existing image
which is already in your library and has a linkage ID. For this reason, I
don't think you can load an image and get its BitmapData. I was thinking
there might be a workaround though...

I was going to try embedding the jpg/png/gif in an swf and giving it a
linkage id in the library, then load that swf into your master movie and
attach the BitmapData from the loaded swf's library.

Possible issues? I know you can't attach library assets from a loaded swf
into another swf so the same limitation may apply with BitmapData. Again, I
thought a workaround for this might be to attach the BitmapData into the swf
you've just loaded and then clone it to a BitmapData object elsewhere?

As you can see, I've been doing a lot of thinking and not a lot of doing so
I'm not sure if this is of any help at all!

I'd be very interested to know if any of this works.

Cheers, Adrian P