-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave
Watts
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:27 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Flex Apps versus Flash Projector apps

> Early on though, I thought there some "legalities"
> surrounding the "pre-compiling" of SWF's via Flex, and then
> distributing them in their singular state.

Things have changed quite a bit between Flex 1.x and Flex 2 (which is of
course still in beta).

With Flex 2, you can distribute Flex-generated SWFs however you like.
There is no required server component for applications developed with
just the Flex 2 compiler. There are optional server components, which
will likely be quite useful, since most Flex 2 applications will
probably fetch data from a server of some sort anyway, but they are not
required by the Flex 2 compiler alone.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago,
Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com