Wow that is great!

So basically, the method in which clients retrieve their SWF files are
the same as getting a plain old SWF file created using Flash?

So the Flex SWF (which gets compiled on the developers machine) simply
gets copied to the Web Server hosting the application.  That is great!
I hated the fact that there was this elaborate ADDITIONAL server
component, that was required to hand out .mxml files (which of course,
end up being swf files in their final form).

If I hear you correctly then, there is NO Data functionality built into
the BASIC Flex 2.0 Architecture?

For a SWF file to have the ability to Send/Receive Data to a Server
(whichever flavor that may be), a type of "connector" must be purchased
beforehand, in order for that functionality to be enabled?

Does the developer have "crippled versions" of these connectors
available to them, so that they can write the apps and actually test
them?  Or do they have to fork out right away for these connectors, in
order to give their Flex Apps the ability to exchange data with servers?

THIS is the part that I need clarified in a major way, so that I can get
a handle on my software costs for the year.  I just hope I can afford
all this stuff, so that I can simply write functional Flex Apps to tease
my clients with.

You know, it's really the developers that sell your products for you -
getting their clients excited and showing "what can be possible", but if
it's so cost prohibitive where the developer can't even afford it, it's
kind of a moot point.

Can you shed more light on that topic?

Thanks again for everything :)

Mike