Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried in that in the meantime.

2 very undesired things happen:

        1) The movie components are still in the exact same spots.

        2) The bottom StatusBar actually is 1-inch shorter -
           this not even reaching to the other side of the
           stage

It's almost as if (especially in case #2) that the StatusBar is basing
it's _width property on mis-information.  If I didn't know better, it's
as if there are timing problems going on.

I thought that the "onLoad" event fixes problems like that - since it
waits until all components are instantiated and initialized, before
Dispatching the "I am all finished" signal.

What I have is this (in root):

var stageSizeListener:Object = new Object();

stageSizeListener.onResize = function():Void
{
        var stageHeight:Number = Stage.height;
        var stageWidth:Number = Stage.width;

        // Main Menu
        mainMenu._width = stageWidth;
        mainMenu.updateDisplay(true);

        // Map Status Bar
        mapStatusBar._width = stageWidth;

        etc....
}

this.onLoad = function():Void
{
        stageSizeListener.onResize();
}

Stage.addListener( stageSizeListener );

All this resize code works beautifully, but only AFTER the movie is
completely loaded, and the user MANUALLY resizes the browser.

Am I missing something here?  I was hoping the onLoad function would
alleviate any timing issues, but not only does it NOT work, it's
actually causing my StatusBar (which resides at the bottom) to have a
lesser width size.

If I remove the onLoad code, then eveything paints fine - but things are
not positioned correctly.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Mike