I prefer solutions that try to hide IE's lack of conformity, like Dean Edwards's IE 7 script:
http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

There are just too many installations to realistically ignore them.

Speaking of hacking on IE, is there a way to prevent an object from loading? By that I mean, I want to use Object tags to embed a Swf, but I don't want it to download or load in the background until I tell it to via a script interaction (vbscript or javascript). Will hiding it via css do the trick, or will I need to take further steps to keep it from loading?

Thanks,

Kevin N.

elibol wrote:
Maybe web developers should stop making sites that work with IE.