Thanks Ian... I was aware of the problem in general from experiences with Java,
but I guess I'd ignored them.

I'm multiplying by 100 and dividing by 100 also. If I'd written this system
from scratch i'd have created my own numeric class and represented floating
point numbers as 2 seperate variables...

Here's a direct lift from something I posted on the OSFlash list...This is all
to do with floating-point precision and that you can'trepresent all numbers
exactly (0.1 is one culprit) in the IEEstandard. There are plenty of sites
about this - see here,
forexample:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point#Problems_with_floating-pointYou
 are almost certainly better off working with integers; or perhapsmultiplying
up your numbers by 100 before working with them, thenreducing as a final step,
or something similar.This is not just limited to Flash/AS2 as an issue.IanOn
4/28/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] .figleaf.com