so you could do:

var myClassName:String;
var xx= new myClass();

if (xx instanceof myClass){myClassName="myClass";}
else if (xx instanceof someOtherClass){myClassName="someOtherClass";}

maybe?

On 25/05/06, Arul Prasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

instanceof does not return anything - It is not a method, but an operator.
You can use instanceof only to compare - like this:

var xx:XML  = new XML();
trace (xx instanceof XML);

// output will be true.

~Arul Prasad.