>>The 'import' statement doesn't actually embed a class into the .swf.
>>All it does is tell the compiler that when you type (for example)
>>MyClass, you are actually referring to com.fred.MyClass.

Err...that has not been my understanding at all.  If that is the case,
then why do you NOT need to include your class files on the server with
the .swf?  Since reality is you don't, all that code has to be in the
.swf upon compiling, otherwise, the .swf wouldn't know what to do with

Myvar:MyCoolClass = new MyCoolClass();

If it's not included with the .swf, how would the .swf know what
MyCoolClass is otherwise?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning Technology Solutions

.swf
>>> if you're not using them? When you include, the actionscript
cotained in