From: "Weldon MacDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] OOP 101: Is import really necessary?

The import statements tell the compiler where to find the classes your
going to use, it compiles into the byte code only the classes you use.
You could also do it by giving the full package.class of the class
too. Import statements aren't strictly necessary, but they save a lot
of typing if your using the library a lot.