I've been disappointed with the MCOM components. Alot of that has to do with the lack of documentation and support. They match the V2 API's in many cases, but in the cases where they don't its not always easy to figure out how to make them work the way you want since the methods and properties are not properly documented. In some cases the existing documentation has incorrect method and property names adding to the frustration. Then when you try to contact their support you're very lucky to ever hear back from them. They have a support ticket system (not linked anywhere on their site), but I can't find how to access the page to add a new ticket, I can only get to the list of my old list of tickets (thanks to some old emails I saved). Its not a good support situation to say the least.

There are some bugs in the components, which is understandable, but without proper support it becomes a pretty big problem when you run into them. I expected much better than this especially considering the price tag.

If they improved support and actively updated them, only then could I recommend purchasing them.

On the positive side, I do like the skinning capabilities. Its flexible and pretty straight forward once you get past the errors in the documentation (I seem to recall some of the linkage ID's are wrong). In most respects the components themselves are a step up from the V2 components, but only a subset of the V2 components are represented.

-Steve

*Rich Rodecker* wrote:

anyone out there have any experience with using the mCom component set
from Metalliq?  Just looking for some feedback...performance issues,
comparison with v2, wierdness, extending, etc.