I'm on both lists, and the newbie list is more advanced than you would think.
Most of the questions there could easily be posted here.  There are newbie
questions of course, but a majority of the subscribers are intermediate to
advanced Actionscripters.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning Technology Solutions