Your response to "Try searching the archives or google for your answers
before asking the list" is "If you don't want to help me, shut up."
Apparently, petulant children have taken over.

Excellent summarization. The problem is, this tells me more about you than it does about the list. This is probably your first time to see an email list go full cycle. Eventually you'll move on to another list that is better for you, it'll rule for a while, and then the same thing will happen: the newbs will take over, and you'll have to move on again. For me, having cut my teeth on BBSes, usenet, and gopher, the entire internet has gone to the newbs, and I'm waiting for the next internet to be invented so that I can move on. ;-)

ryanm