Hi List,

I'm working on a project where we're looking at switching to nightly builds for
the development process, building on MS Windows.

At the moment a cron job attempts to run the compile and gets stuck on our
Flash compilation.
This is probably because the build machine isn't running as a logged in user,
but as a system process. This means when Flash tries to throw up a splash
screen etc. it is probably falling over.
We can't run it as a logged in user (and thus get the windowing environment),
as it breaches company security to have a dummy user logged in all the time and
the machine will auto logout after a couple of minutes.

We can't use mtasc, because of issues with using an unsupported compiler for
production code.

Is there any way to do a command line compile with pure actionscript 2.0 .as
and .fla based source files without a windowing environment?
Is this something that Flex can do for us, or would we have to rewrite into
mxml?

Regards,

Sam Thorne
Interaction Design