hi list -

Q on flash and XML.

is there a way to read named values from XML without using attributes?

eg using atrribute names, a flash XML object can read named values,
like associative arrays.

<channel chName='stocks' />

xmlData.attributes["chName"]

but what if i want to use text nodes, like

<channel>
 <chName>stocks</chName>

then it seems the only way to access the data is:

xmlData.firstChild.nodeValue

but then if i change the order of the nodes, the app loses sync with its data.

are there some other methods to the XML object that I am missing? Or
do i have to write functions to loop thru the whole tree and check
against nodeName (eg with a search function)? I guess there are
probably some XPath libraries out there, but this would seem a basic
functionality...

Thanks!

/dc
          David "DC" Collier