If the chNames do not have any key or ids, with what are you trying to
stay in sych?

If you are trying to use the node value as a key, then that is what you
have to check.

This is an XML fact of life - nothing to do with Flash or Actionscript.

XPATH will simplify the problem of finding specific nodes but traversing
the tree will work pretty easily as well.

Ron