Dave has it right - the only issue on browser dependency I've found was with
sending hefty packets via the xmlhttprequest... beyond the browser actually
supporting the call in the first place.

The biggest hurdle I found was the space character being presented as a "+"
character when using Safari.

Another bit - for debugging xmlhttprequest I found the "firebug" extension
for firefox to be very powerful.

--
Jim Palmer ! Mammoth Web Operations