Thanx david. I think I can do some tricks to return value after completion of
download.

----- Original Message ----
From: David Rorex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:21:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] FileReference and actionscript 2.0

On 6/23/06, human ghaderyan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi list
>     I try to use FileReference class in a actionscript 2.0 project. the
> browse and upload methods work fine but it seems that this class designed
> for AS 1.0 (???). I can't find any AS 2.0 sample and don't know what to do
> for catching events . I think this class has bad architecture. for example I
> need to put the uploaded file in database and return its ID to client.

The class works fine in AS2, you catch the events pretty much the exact same
was as other built in classes (like MovieClip, XML, etc)

FileReference do the transfer by a POST but it seems that there is no way to
> catch a response from server for this POST Action.

Correct, as far as I know, they did not give a way to recieve any data
returned from the server. All you can know is that the action completed.

any body has some experience to do the uplad with flash remoting?

You can't upload files from the user's local drive using flash remoting.

-David R