> Does that do anything but move the corners around? What I'm
> looking for is a way to create a distortion like:

Well with a little thought - given that you now have the ability to fit
a texture to any "shape" you can know chop your text up into tiles using
bitmap data - then fit the multiple tiles to the "Shape"....

yes, but to create smoothly curving shape? How finely would it have to be "chopped up"? Dice, mince, pulverize?

I think you would have to create as many "slices" as screen pixels, or you would get mis-aligned edges between each "slice"...and that would be a lot of "slices"?

Anyway, that's why I'm asking the list...it is totally beyond me at this point. :(