Hi Marcos,

Class names need to be unique.  We will support the concept of a base class for
library symbols in the Flash 9 timeframe.  These base classes can be non-unique.

I replied to a similar post in the Flash 9 ActionScript 3.0 Preview forum on
Adobe Labs.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=612&threadid=1168686&enterthread=y

If you have issues specific to the AS 3 Preview, feel free to you're your
questions at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=612&entercat=y

Thanks,
Nivesh

On 7/5/06, Marcos Neves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a A world map where each country is a movieclip. And every one
> will have the same behavior. Before flash 9, what I did is assign a
> class called Country to each movie clip. This way, I can easy update
> the behavior of all at the same time.

Did you do this in AS2 or via the library linkage properties?

> With Flash 9, I can´t assign a class with the same name and can´t
> specify a base class to the Auto Generated extends.

I haven't used Flash 9 alpha so I don't know Auto Generated is. If you
specified the class name via library linkage properties and Flash 9 doesn't
allow it, it sounds like a bug.

> When ask for AutoGenerate, a check box would enable an different base
> class, and I would write on the textbox. So a movieClip called Brazil,
> would have a autoGenerated class called Brazil that extends the class
> Country, witch would be my base class.

Does the Brazil class redefine any methods of Country?

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group www.flashdev.org.au