Yesterday, I posted this topic regarding the inversion of a bitmap alpha channel, but the root of the problem is that I am trying to find a workaround for the GlowFilter knockout effect.

For some reason, when I programatically apply a GlowFilter to a BitmapData object, and pass inner = false, with knockout = true, I get this bizarre zebra effect.... I've provided code and a link to a side by side comparison screenshot.

Here is an example of the code I am using:

var filter = new GlowFilter(0xFFFFFF, 1, 5, 5, 5, 1, false, true);
myBitmap.applyFilter(myBitmap, myBitmap.rectangle, new Point(0, 0), filter);

Following is a screen shot of the issue. The left side is the result when simply using the GlowFilter without passing inner or knockout, and the right side is the strange zebra effect I get when I use the above code.

http://download.danro.net/flashcoders/glowfilter_bug.jpg

Has anyone else dealt with this?

-Danro