I seem to remember being able to adjust the tween for the opening and also
the direction somewhere - you might want to look in the class for the
comboBox and take a look. Or check the archives here. I know that it WILL
open upwards if there is not enough Stage area below the control. So it is
indeed possible.

- e.d.