Danny Kodicek wrote:
The docs say that I can't use duplicateMovieClip on a movieClip brought in
with loadMovie or MovieClipLoader. Is there any other way to avoid running
loadMovie multiple times? I know the file will have been cached, but I'm
still seeing quite a long delay when loading in several copies (and this is
running locally, so it's not a bandwidth issue in any case).

Danny

well you could duplicate mc's inside the loaded swf's timeline,
like using the loaded swf as container:

loadMovieNum("ladi.swf", 1);
function onEnterFrame (Void):Void
{
        var gbl:Number= _level1.getBytesLoaded();
        var gbt:Number= _level1.getBytesTotal();
        if (gbl > 10 &&
                gbt != undefined) {
                if (gbl == gbt) {
                        delete onEnterFrame
                        var mc:MovieClip =
                        _level1.mc.duplicateMovieClip("mc_new",1);

HTH

David