I'm also going to work on this capability soon, and my search led to:

http://chakramedia.com/deeplink-backbutton/index.html

-A

On 7/25/06, Radley Marx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've found a couple of sites that seem to work:

       http://www.orange-project.com/

       http://www.redbulltrackattack.co.uk/index_phase3.php

The RB track attack site seems to fail in safari for pages that
require two values.

Orange-project seems to be solid in all browsers and is based on a
variation of unfocus, using less code.

I've followed OP to some degree and have managed to implement semi-
successfully back/forward & deep links for all browsers. There's
still a few bugs to work out. I should have it resolved in the next
week or so. I'm slightly familiar with Javascript since it's like AS,
and my AS is primitive, so I'm a bit shy to share with the group.
Maybe once I have it fully resolved...

-radley

On Jul 25, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Geoff Stearns wrote:

> it's been on my list for months now...
>
> i did create one, but it was a bit buggy and not documented at all
> - http://blog.deconcept.com/code/historymanager/
>
> and there's changes to this I wanted to make, so it does more
> friendly looking hashes, instead of name/value pairs as it does now...
>
> and it doesn't work in safari (only one does that i know of, and it
> doesn't support page title updates).
>
> I was trying to modify this one from kevin newman:
> http://www.unfocus.com/projects/HistoryKeeper/
>
> because it sorta works in safari, but i kept running into more and
> more problems... so my patience finally gave out.
>
> the lessrain guys also have really nice solution they use (and they
> use it with swfobject,too), so check out their blog and see what
> they say about it.
>

> On Jul 25, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Paul Neave wrote:
>
>> This is an age-old problem but I still can't find a decent solution.
>> I'm looking for a JavaScript library or script for browser back-
>> button
>> support for Flash, and one that uses the hash notation in the browser
>> window so users can navigate to points in a Flash movie through the
>> address bar, e.g. mypage.html#page123.
>>
>> There are so many about and they all seem to be overly complex, use
>> Flash 5 code, require twenty different JavaScript files and two or
>> three hours to get your head around what it is exactly you're
>> supposed
>> to do to get it to work, and even then it'll only work in Internet
>> Explorer 5.5 on a Tuesday morning.
>>
>> I'm using SWFObject and Flash 8, so a simple, easy to use, drag and
>> drop back button functionality would be ideal.  Anybody know of
>> such a
>> beautiful thing?
>>
>> Thanks lorry loads.
>> Paul.
>>
>> Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
>> Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
>> http://www.figleaf.com
>> http://training.figleaf.com

------
Radley Marx