On 6/7/06, Jason Lutes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can anyone suggest why a condition would be false for a test on a movie
clip using instanceof MovieClip?

I have a function that includes the line:

if (graphicClip.highlighting instanceof MovieClip)
graphicClip.highlighting._visible = false;

If I precede the line with trace(typeof graphicClip.highlighting) I get
"movieclip" in the Output panel. Nevertheless, the instanceof condition
refuses to report correctly.

I bet if you do trace("type: " + typeof(graphicClip.highlighting)); it
will trace "movieclip" (lowercase) instead of "MovieClip" as it
normally would.

John Grden was just asking if you ever figured this out because we are
having a very similar issue, in fact it might be the same issue. Our
instance doesn't respond to the _visible property any more when
retrieving a reference from our class. We are loading it from an
external SWF using MovieClipLoader. I have yet to be able to recreate
this issue with an FLA and the IDE. It only appears so far when using
our loading class and compiling with MTASC.

Anyway, any insight that anyone has into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris