thanks for replying,

I am using weak references for the listener, here's the code (within
GCTarget):

           this.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,onFrame,false,0,true);
           }
           private function onFrame(e:Event):void{
               trace("A");
           }

So I don't think that's it, else it wouldn't really matter if I pass
arguments or set variables
or not , because if I don't it does get deleted properly.

-Meinte

On 9/12/06, Ian Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/11/06, Meinte van't Kruis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> GCTarget only listens to an enterframe event and traces something so I
know
> wether it's still alive or not.

So you're saying you've passed GCTarget as a target of a listener? Did
you use weak references? Because if not, there's your problem right
there...

Ian