-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Watts
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:41 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Software Development Position

> Exactly, and I'm skeptical of anyone who requires a CompSci
> degree for a Flash position because there isn't a single
> college degree for Flash programming.  ;)

Comp Sci isn't about Flash programming, or Java programming, or {insert
language flavor of the week} programming. It's not even about programming.
My personal observation, however, is that people who have a comp sci
background tend to make better programmers than those who don't. The best
Flash programmers I've met, personally, have comp sci backgrounds, for what
that's worth.

Personally, I don't have that background, unfortunately, and I have
certainly felt its absence at times; there are a bunch of things I've had to
learn the hard way as a result.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/