How do you post an array to a server side-script without loading the script's URL in the browser.

I can post data using Ruby's Net::HTTP and it works great in a rails app. I want to do the same thing in Flash.

LoadVars.send will only work if I load the script's URL into the browser. This would be fine if I controlled the script, but it's on another application server. I need to pass it the data in the background. I tried .sendAndLoad, but that has the same problems.

Is there a simple way to do this? Can I use flash remoting and pass the data to a PHP script and make the post from there? I see there is a way to do this with Cold Fusion using the CF.http() method, so I assume there is something similar elsewhere.

thanks.