Dave Wood schrieb:
Anyone know why the 2880 pixel limit for either width or height of a BitmapData object?

If the intention is to limit the amount of memory required (2880 X 2880 pixels would require about 24 Mb), then the limit should be on the total size of the image surely. Or is there some other reason for this that someone can explain?

this has to with other things. the 2880 px stuff is related to one single object, you can have as much object of that size as you want, as long as you have enough ram.
I wanted to create an image object 3500 X 300 pixels which will take up about 4 Mb - but I can't
sure you can't. you gave your answer in the above quoted text. your limitation is 2880 px square. and 3500 beats that. just scale it down to 2880 and you should be fine, than you can put it in a mc and scale that one up. that should do the trick.

micha