Not sure if this is a solution in your case, but you could identify the calling function this way...

class Main {

        function Main() {
                runHello._id = "Main told me to do it...";
                runHello();
        }

        function runHello() {
                var a = new A();
                a.hello();

class A {

        function A() {}

        function hello() {
                trace("hello");
                trace(arguments.caller._id);

-Danro

On Oct 7, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Ramon Miguel M. Tayag wrote:

Hi everyone,

How do you find out which object calls a particular function?  Is it
even possible?

Let's say there are two classes:

class A
{
        function A(){}

        function hello()
        {
                trace ("hello");
               //I want to know who called me, here

class Main
{
        var a = new A();

        function Main()
        {
                a.hello();

=========

How will A know that Main called the function?

Thank you,
--
Ramon Miguel M. Tayag