Hey folks,

I'm researching the possibilities of creating a library to submit highscores to a central server. Other game-creators would be able to take this code, and implement it in their own games. The central server will take care of accumulating and displaying all scores. My question is: is this failsafe? Is it possible to create a secure library / block of code that cannot be abused by cheaters to submit fake scores. All submitted games that use the library and are accepted by the central server will be hosted by me, so I have some degree of control over it. Would it be possible for the game developer to create a backdoor without me knowing? Or is there some way to make this secure and fair?

Thanks in advance!
T. Boerman