Hi Muzak,

Can you provide some more details on these 2 statements?

- found arp to be somewhat limited and unflexible
- It goes far beyond ARP, no doubt

ARP was no doubt the pioneer in introducing design patterns development into
flash apps. However, its MVC model is not what I would call the ideal, not
when you take into account the decoupling between the classes.

Pixlib has two MVC models you can choose: a "strict" one and a
frontcontroller based one, similar to arp/cairngorm.

The original arp didn't have a EventBroadcaster nor the concept of system
events. To make views downloadable at runtime I had to modify significantly
the way it worked. Also, the lack of a ModelLocator (introduced on recent
versions of ARP) and the coupling between commands and views were things I
really didn't like about ARP>  Pixlib makes it easy to load and locate views
anywhere in your application through MovieClipHelper and GraphicLibLocator
classes, and has a very nice Model and ModelLocator class. Not to mention
the other usefull packages and classes it provides. It has been designed
from the ground up to be powerful and flexible.

Take a look at www.deja-vue.net, at the Sushi service application ... this
was the article that conviced me to "switch" to pixlib.