I'm facing exactly the same problem developing a content browser
(viewing hundreds of single FP pages) in flash 8... My load times jump
from 300ms to 10 seconds if i try to unloadMovie() first. I haven't
found a solid fix, but I do have a partial workaround - don't unload
the flashpaper. At least with my single pages I've managed to keep it
from taking more than 500ms in subsequent loads. If this scales to
your 90 pages (maybe) you could shave off a good portion of those 30
extra seconds if you just load the clip over the existing one.

hope that helps,
Jon