> Whether something is a "true" design pattern or not is kind
> of beside the point, for me; what I want to know is if a
> particular approach is good for what I am trying to
> accomplish: in this case, adding and removing functionality
> to an object at runtime.

If it works and you meet the deadline, then it's good enough, eh?  :)

If you want to engage in what a fellow coder friend of mine calls
"aromatherapy", I'm for it.  I was mistaken in my impression that you
were looking to understand the design pattern, which is why I was trying
to lead you to Decorator and away from Flair because you weren't going
to find any information on Flair that would be helpful, but there are
plenty of helpful places to look for Decorator.

If you want to discuss best practice for what you're doing, I'd be happy
to offer ideas later today when I have more time.  Other people might be
able to chime in here on the best application of Decorator in
Actionscript.