You shouldn't need to use array notation - I've always used
_global.setTimeout
without any issues.

On 03/03/2007, at 8:31 AM, Jesse Graupmann wrote:

setTimeout works just like setInterval except it only runs once.

Unfortunately it's not in the intrinsic classes, so either set it up locally in your intrinsic class definitions (never a good idea), or call it using
array notation; _global ["setTimeout"].

More info here:
http://www.justgooddesign.com/blog/settimeout-setinterval-or- onenterframe.ht

Jesse Graupmann