TH> This definitely loads the Flash object...I get that part. But it doesn't
TH> write to my file called setup.xml. I am in the OReilly ActionScript book now
TH> and this is the first time it has ever failed me. I tried parseXML and
TH> sendAndLoad but I can't seem to write into the file.

A Flash movie cannot write anything to a file, especially if it is
located on a remote server (not mentioning that automatically saving
changes to a file made on an object residing in the memory is totally
pointless). If you want to save your XML, make your changes and send
the whole XML back to a server-side program which can store it to a
file. Or if you are on desktop, look after some third party
projector creators providing file handling capabilities.

  Attila