Variable identifiers are not string constants, so:

showPopup(myarray);

However mainMap[popup].gotoAndPlay("on"); has no sense in this case,
since the array notation excepts a string and not an object. Ans also
you don't need to use array notation here at all, the simple dot
syntax is enough: myarray.text and popup.text

  Attila