try setting its alpha to 0 as in
myPb._alpha=0;

hope it helps

On 3/13/07, Gustavo Duenas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i did and nothing happens...so far I'm clueless.
the component is in the stage. I'm just trying to get of rid of it
onece the entire movie in the loader component has been loaded.
any ideas
this  is the whole code....maybe I just did something wrong....help!

gustavo

code:

stop();
       import mx.controls.Loader;
       import mx.controls.ProgressBar;

var myLoader: Loader = createClassObject(Loader, "loader",
nextHighestDepht)
myLoader.contentPath="profiles.swf";
myLoader.setSize(content._width, content._height);
myloader._y=-10;

//comienza el movimiento de la x

//funcion Retirada

_root.logoX._x-=5;
//revisamos la posicion
if(_root.logoX._x=_root.logoX._x-270){
       _root.logoX=0;
       _root.menu._x-=275;
_root.button1._x-=180;
}

var myloadListen = this.myloader
mypb.source= myLoader;
myloadListen.complete = function(evt_obj:Object){
       mypb.visible = false;
}
myloader.addEventListener("complete",myloadListen);

On Mar 12, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Jim Duber wrote:

> I'm on digest, so you may have already heard this a hundred times.
> In case not, try instead:
>
>       mypb.visible = false;
>
> Like many (most, all?) of the V2 components, there should be no
> underscore in the 'visible' property.
>
> Best,
> Jim
>
>> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:54:07 -0400
>> From: Gustavo Duenas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] deleting a progress bar after loading
>> To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
>>
>> actually I'm trying to set the _visible of the progress bar to false
>> in the same place where I was trying to use the other instructions.
>>
>> like this.
>>
>> var myloadListen = this.myloader
>> mypb.source= myLoader;
>> myloadListen.complete = function(evt_obj:Object){
>> mypb._visible= false;
>> }
>> myloader.addEventListener("complete",myloadListen);
>>

>> but so far...the same bad result...nothing.
>>

>> regards
>>
>> Gustavo Duenas

> Jim Duber                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> duber dot com                         http://www.duber.com
>
>   Interactive Media Development, Training and Consulting
>
> 7466 Terrace Drive,  El Cerrito,  California,  94530,  USA
> (voice) 510.525.5122                    (fax) 510.525.5193

Omar Fouad - Digital Emotions...

Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful
nor conceited It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is
not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins...but delights
in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope... and to
endure... whatever comes.