Hello Flash coders,

I'm trying to create a component representing a comic-like
chat bubble and while it mostly functions fine,
I have a problem, that the 2 parameters here are ignored
(full source code: http://preferans.de/flash/Bubble.as ):

class Bubble extends UIComponent {
        private var __padding:Number = 8;
        public var text_txt:TextField;
        private function createChildren():Void {
                text_txt = this.createTextField('text_txt',
this.getNextHighestDepth(), 0, 0, 200, 20);
                with (text_txt) {
                        multiline = true;
                        autoSize = true;
                        //text = 'Only this works as default?';
                }
                size();
        [Inspectable(defaultValue=8)]
        function set padding(val:Number):Void {
                __padding = val;
                text_txt._x = text_txt._y = __padding / 2;
                invalidate();
        }

        function get padding():Number {
                return __padding;
        }

        [Inspectable(defaultValue='Set in Bubble.as')]
        function set text(str:String):Void {
                text_txt.text = str;

                if (interval != 0)
                        clearInterval(interval);
                interval = setInterval(this, 'hide', timeout * 1000);

                _visible = true;
                invalidate();
        }

        function get text():String {
                return text_txt.text;

What I mean by "ignored" is that regardless of which
values  I enter into the Component Inspector (Alt+F7)
for "padding" and "text" - only the values from Bubble.as
will be taken (please see above):

        private var __padding:Number = 8;

        //text = 'Only this works as default?';

Does anybody have an idea what am I doing wrong here?
All files are at http://preferans.de/flash/  Thank you.

Regards
Alex