he checks if the component is init'd

On 3/21/07, Alexander Farber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you and sorry - I've missed the "Color" type in Flash help.

But what is the role of __hasInitialized in your example? Why can't I
just:

        [Inspectable(defaultValue="#FFFF66",type="Color")]
        public function get bgcolor():Number {
                return __bgcolor;
        }

        public function set bgcolor(val:Number):Void {
                __bgcolor = val;
                invalidate();
        }

(full source code in Bubble.* files @ http://preferans.de/flash/ )?

On 3/20/07, Muzak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Inspectable(defaultValue="#FFFF66",type="Color")]
>  public var bgcolor:Number = 0xFFFF66;
>
> You might be better off using a getter/setter since you will have to
redraw the rect_mc each time the color changes.

> private var rect_mc:MovieClip;
> private var __bgColor:Number = 0xFFFF66;
> private var __hasInitialized:Boolean = false;
>
> private function draw() {
>     setBgColor();
>     __hasInitialized = true;
> }
>
> private function setBgColor():Void {
>     // draw stuff, using __bgColor
>     rect_mc.clear();
>     rect_mc.beginFill(__bgColor);
>     // etc..
>     rect_mc.endFill();
> }
>
> [Inspectable(defaultValue="#FFFF66",type="Color")]
> public function get bgColor():Number {
>     return __bgColor;
> }
> public function set bgColor(val:Number):Void {
>     __bgColor = val;
>     if(__hasInitialized) setBgColor();
> }

Regards