On Mar 30, 2007, at 7:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Personally, I think it's a pretty bogus feature, one of those things that look nice on paper but when you stop to look at it it's far from useful except on extremely specific cases and still far from the magic that will
save lives like many people tend to think it is. It's still better to
either use direct code tweening where it fits, or use timeline tweening where it fits (animated characters and so on). But it's not out yet, so I
don't know if I've missed something.

Don't be so sure. I believe there are many more flash designers and casual flash users than there are developers and those familiar enough with actionscript to code tweens. I'd venture that it's easily 10 fold or more on the design side.

I worked for a while at an e-learning joint (Element-K) and was developing components for various aspects of some of the learning tools (written in flash, deployed with director at the time). I can't imagine having a load of designers trying to deal with a whole mess of FLA files with re-usable motion tweens. Just trying to get designers to adhere to consistent style guides for color or graphics was hard enough. :) Too many variables.

Code is explicit, and as long as all a designer (or programmer short on time) has to do is copy/paste, the better it is. In the case of an XML motion library - it would've been a godsend at the time, and it's one of the things we recommended to MM shortly after v7 was released.

cheers,

jon