-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Austin
Kottke
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:56 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Flash 9 CS 3 and Flex framework

Thanks David,

    That helps, however, I meant more of a workflow, like create the
animation in flash cs3 and the animation has certain flash components in
it, such as a datagrid at the end of the last frame or the flash
animation has a few buttons in it on the side, along with other types
such as a textarea.

    I would want to be able to reference these buttons and components
from flex ideally or have some really nice work flow that would allow
via as3 to reference those components. That way I can make some
re-usable animations and use flex for the main structure, but have all
of the animation power needed (this includes having buttons, comboboxes,
made in flash
cs3) directly accessible
through flex.

    I bring this up as I had thought that there would be a problem with
flash 9 cs3 NOT using the flex framework directly and the different
types of buttons, datagrids would be an entirely different set of code
made specifically for flash 9 cs3 (ie the datagrid in cs3 is not the
same datagrid as flex). Im not totally tracking on adobe's plan to
handle this issue.

    I'm just trying to see what the plan on the workflow integration
between the to. The data on flash 9 cs3 is a bit general on this point
so I want to get this clarified.

Best,

Austin

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com