Speaking of which - is there a serious competitor to Zinc when it
comes to not only wrapping a swf into an exe but also adding some
functionality such as the system functions and methods that come with
it?

I am looking around the net and can only find relative light weights
such as flajector, and swfkit, or am I misjudging them?

Nik