Danny Kodicek wrote:
Hopefully a quickie:

Am I the only person that can never get setNewTextFormat to work? When I
change the text of a field, I always seem to have to run setTextFormat, even
if I've setNewTextFormat to the format I want. Is there some foolproof
system for getting this working without having to keep running setTextFormat
over and over again?

Danny

You're not alone.

A typical case for how i'd like to use it:

var nickTF:TextFormat = new TextFormat(...);
var chatMessageTF:TextFormat = new TextFormat(...);

function onNewChatMessage(from:String,msg:String):Void{
outputField.setNewTextFormat(nickTF);
outputField+=from;
outputField.setNewTextFormat(chatMessageTF);
outputField+=msg;
}

Except, like you, sometimes(!) it seems to simply use setTextFormat() instead. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes this. I *know* i've done the previous example before, but i can't seem to be able to reproduce it in *all* cases, in spite of how bloody simple it really seems to be.

Very, very annoying.

- A