Thanks Ian!
Not as bad as I thought !

Nik

On 4/20/07, 2lakes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
My tests on a mac show that Safari,  Firefox and Flock all pretty
well consume similar amounts of CPU.
With an average difference between the three of 10%
This figure is not reliable because the CPU fluctuated +/- 5%
throughout the tests.

My results averaged.
Firefox 37%
Safari 42%
Flock  39%

These percentages are of the total CPU so they are a lot smaller than
Nick's
If i look at Users graph only they look like Nicks figures ( ie 82% av )
there was always at least 50 to 60 percent idle and the rest reserved.

Anyway i found the variations between the browsers negligible.
BUT flash certainly draws a lot of CPU compared to static HTML which
is about 0.4% of

Cheers
Ian

Nik C