Thanks for the help!

In your professional opinion is "almost the same" good enough or will I need
to tweak the char set? So you know I'm only displaying short button labels
and headings.

The languages I'm going to be needing to display are Arabic and Sorani. I
think Sorani is as different to Arabic as Persian is to Arabic, but what do
I know?

Also we're getting the copy supplied from a translation house, the Project
Manager said this will be coming over as pdf. I've got a full copy of
Acrobat so hope this shouldn't be a problem. If it is would you recommend
any other format for them to supply in?

I can't seem to log into the archives, which is frustrating.

Cheers again.

Jolyon

On 5/2/07, Danny Kodicek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience of using the Flash RTL classes
> from here:
> http://www.flashrtl.com/
>
> They seem to be good for Persian, but need porting to other
> char sets, and a general clean up/re-write.
>
> To do this I need to get a better idea of what needs to be
> converted, the order of words or the order of characters but
> not words, or both? I guess this is also dependant on the
> source, for me I'm loading in from XML.
>
> It's still early in the project and I'd like to get this
> nailed down before committing 100% to doing RTL.

If you look back over the archives you'll find a few posts from me on this
subject. For display purposes you may find these classes are enough for
you
- Persian and standard Arabic are almost the same in terms of the
character
set, and Hebrew is much simpler (just plain bidirectional).

Best
Danny