Do you mean you want to switch from DVD to net-based delivery? You can't
stream from a DVD. If you had a kiosk situation, I guess you could setup a
local server and point to the DVD as your asset repository, but you can't do
that if you're distributing the DVD.

There are a few other things you can do to check for the end of the DVD. You
can check for current time and compare it against the duration parsed from
the metadata (assuming your encoder has added it and it is reliable). You
can let the FLVPlayback component handle the event for you (which has other
issues which have been discussed here, namely seeking).

If you think the playback will be very reliable because the files are local,
you can check for NetStream.Buffer.Empty (The only trouble there is, the
buffer can empty and refill if the playback data transfer is choppy. I had
that happen from my boot drive a day or two ago, because it was chugging on
something else, so it could probably happen with DVD playback.)

There are further options, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Rich Shupe