Hi list, any tips on how to create a text highlighter? The perfect solution
will be that I use the text cursor inside the textfield. Now, I was thinking
of using drawing API on the invisible mc below the textfiled and when I
would click in the textfield I would start drawing a rectangle on that mc.
But, the problem is that with the text cursor you can click anywhere between
the lines and it will select the closest line. So I can't get the exact y
coordinate where to start drawing the rectangle.

Also, I don't think I can use background-color css property as it's not
supported according to Flash documentation.

Note that version is not the problem. I can use CS3 and deploy to FP9.

The only solution I have left is to create the simple analog version of
highlighter, where you would just draw rectangles (once you would click) on
the mc bellow the text, regardless if it's exactly covering the line of
text. In this version I would get rid of the text cursor and create a
highlighter cursor, but in the ideal way, you would have the text cursor and
than you would click the option "highlight the selected text".

Thanks,
Alen