I am trying to test calling a remote script from a flash CS3 movie and I am
getting the following error

Error opening URL
'https://dev01.maps-ict.com/services/upload/710665794/?key=keyvalue&session=
sessionvalue'
HTTPStatus: 0
IOError: Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
https://dev01.maps-ict.com/services/upload/710665794/?key=keyvalue&session=s
essionvalue

I am testing from the flash IDE and doing a search for this error lead to me
to reading about the need for something called a cross domain policy file.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed required for me to call a script on a
remote server from a test movie in the Flash IDE?

I had hoped to get this app up and running over the weekend and I have no
access to the remote server so I would really like to know if this is a show
stopper or not?

The script I am calling should return xml data.

Thanks in advance

Paul