as far as I've tested and tried, it's true, you won't be able to do this.

On 7/11/07, Adrian Parr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

I am building an app that allows the user to personalise as screensaver
online.

1) User chooses some settings and these are saved to a shared object.
2) User downloads Flash screensaver (made with Screentime for Flash).
3) Screensaver runs and loads in the shared objects from above.
4) User sees personalised screensaver tunning!!

Well, that is the theory. But it is looking like there is no way for the
local screensaver file to access the shared object that was saved by the
online SWF.

I have come across the PDF file from Adobe ...

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fp8_security-related_apis.pdf
and it says on page 14 ...
"There is no mechanism to access shared objects across sandbox
boundaries."

Has anyone tried to do something similar?

Am I going to have to give up on shared objects and use a backend
scripting
language and database instead?  :-(

Shared objects was looking like such a neat solution.  :-(

Any thoughs welcome ...

Cheers,

Adrian Parr

[  JPG  ]