Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replying. I've been playing around with shared objects this
afternoon and had 'some' success.

What I've done is ...

Created a very small SWF that just creates the shared object instance, and
has two functions inside it. The first function writes the required data to
the shared object and the second function reads the required data from the
shared object.

I then load this SWF in to my main online SWF using loadMovie, and when I
want to store the data I call the first function inside the loaded SWF. This
creates a shared object on the computer in the folder path the mirrors the
location and filename of the small SWF (not the main SWF).

Finally, in my local screensaver EXE/SWF I load the small SWF in from the
online location using loadMovie again (requires Internet access) and call
the second function that read the data back. Because this is the exact same
file that wrote it in the first place it finds the shared object.

I have used allowDomain in a few places just to make sure. I will try
removing some of these and see what happens.

It the moment it seems to work. I have created a screensaver using SWF
Studio 3.2 and it is reading in data that was created by my online app!!

Still much testing to be done though.

Ta,

Adrian